Carrots are more than a nourishing boost for your eyesight. They are also good for your body’s overall health, especially the skin, digestive system and believe it or not, TEETH!
Healthy Reasons to Eat Carrots … 10 of Them!
1. Beta Carotene: Carrots are a rich source of this powerful antioxidant, which, among other vital uses, can be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
2. Digestion: Studies have indicated that eating carrots on a regular bases can help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders. They increase saliva production and supply essential enzymes, minerals and vitamins that help the digestive tract.
3. Alkaline Elements: We’ve posted a few articles on the importance of keeping pH levels at slightly more alkaline and ways to do that. Carrots are rich in alkaline elements, which purify and revitalize the blood while balancing the acid/alkaline ratio of the body.
4. Potassium: The body needs potassium especially after rigorous exercising because we lose so much by sweating. Carrots are a good source of potassium, which can help maintain healthy sodium levels in the body, thereby helping to reduce elevated blood pressure levels.
6. Wounds Care: Raw or grated carrots can be used to help heal wounds, cuts and inflammation.
7. Phytonutrients: Among the many beneficial phytochemicals that carrots contain is a phytonutrient called falcarinol, which may reduce the risk of colon cancer and help promote overall colon health.
8. Carotenoids: Carrots are rich in carotenoids, which our bodies can use to help regulate blood sugar.
9. Fiber: Carrots are high in soluble fiber, which may reduce cholesterol by binding the LDL form (the kind of fat we don’t want) and increasing the HDL form (the kind our body needs) to help reduce blood clots and prevent heart disease.
10. Last But Certainly NOT Least … Eyesight! Actually the nutrients in carrots can also improve the health of your skin, hair, nails and more! They detoxify your system and help your body to build healthy new cells!