Ingredients (*Use Organic whenever possible)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 small *butternut squash
- 2 bunches curly *kale, torn into pieces
- 3 Sweet Tango *apples, cored and thinly sliced (find them near you by clicking here)
- 3 medium *beets of any variety, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened *cranberries
- 1/4 cup *white raisins
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh *mint
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons *raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Place a cast iron pan over high heat on your stove. When it’s blisteringly hot, toss in the pecans and toast them, stirring frequently, until they release their aroma. Transfer them with a slotted spoon to a plate, and allow them to cool.
- Cut off the bulbous bottom of the squash, and reserve it for another use. Peel the top part of the squash, and chop it into 1/4-inch dice
- Toss the kale into a mixing bowl, along with the squash, apples, beets, cranberries, white raisins, mint and toasted pecans until well mixed. Arrange on a serving platter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard and shallot. When uniformly mixed, whisk in the olive oil. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and serve.