If you love cabbage, you are going to die when you taste how good this is. Now, if you are on the fence about cabbage, you need to try this because this might be the recipe that changes your mind and converts you into a cabbage lover.
This is a simple side and couldn’t be easier to make. Four ingredients, a couple of minutes to prepare and toss in the oven for an hour. Brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic cloves, the cabbage wedges turn crisp and dark in spots on the outside and meltingly moist at the core
1 (approx. 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2.Pull outer leaf off cabbage, cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being the root) into 1 inch thick slices.
3. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
4. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
5. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
6. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!
Thanks to Skinny Body Care with Greg for this post.