The newest group of “Stars” have begun dancing for the coveted Mirror Ball this week! DWTS and “So You Think You Can Dance?” are just two of the successful Reality TV shows. Most of us love to see other people dance. Millions watch week after week as the contestants go from being amateurs to ballroom dancers. Competing on the dance floor until only one couple is left standing, … make that dancing.
You may have noticed that many of the competitors speak about losing a lot of weight! What better way is there to lose weight and get fit, than doing the cha-cha across your living room floor? Dancing can help you, stay flexible, reduce stress, make friends, and keep your body, mind and spirit, happy and healthy.
Dancing Makes You HAPPY! It Also …
- Strengthens bones and muscles without hurting your joints
- Tones your entire body
- Improves your posture and balance
- Increases your stamina and flexibility
- Reduces stress and tension
- Builds confidence
- Provides opportunities to socialize with friends and meet new people
- Ward off illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis, and depression
- Improves memory and helps keep you from developing dementia
This fun exercise is a great activity for people of all ages because you can change the level of difficulty and physical exertion as needed. So crank up the volume and shake a leg. Once you start dancing, you may never want to stop!