½ lb ground chicken, ground turkey or turkey sausage,
2 T olive oil,
2 T garlic, minced,
1 ½ C mushrooms, chopped,
1 bunch of fresh spinach, steamed (or 1 pkg frozen, thawed and drained),
2 T Dijon-style mustard,
2 T fresh basil, chopped,
1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (don’t use with sausage),
1 ½ C Cheese, shredded
1) Saute meat in 1 T olive oil until no longer pink. Store in a bowl, pouring off any liquid.
2) Sauté garlic & mushrooms in remaining oil until mushrooms are browned.
3) Add spinach, cook 3-4 min.
4) Add meat and remaining ingredients.
5) Mix well to blend
6( Makes 6 cups of stuffing or enough to fill: a. 4-6 yellow bell peppers or b. 8-10 scooped out halves of zucchini or c. 6-8 medium scooped out tomatoes.
7) Lightly stuff vegetables.
8) Put in oiled, covered baking dish. Bake in 350° oven for 20-30 min (until almost finished) Zucchini might be 40 min until almost done
9) Finish on a grill for the last 5 minutes either on foil or vegetable basket made for the grill